Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas! And I'd like to wish you all the very best for 2013.

2012 was a very busy and exciting year for me. So, if you missed anything, here's the quick recap (with links  to make it a very long recap, if you so choose).

The KOTV sports team: great group
The changes began back in March when I decided to leave KOTV after almost three years. The News on 6 was a great place for me, as I was uncertain if I wanted to even stay in TV until that opportunity came along. I'll always be grateful to KOTV for that chance.

I started a new job with GameDay Productions, a company in Fort Worth, TX, I had previously worked for. This time, though, I'm producing a show called Sports Stars of Tomorrow. The show used to be hosted by Pat Summerall, but we are now working with Charles Davis as we look ahead to the future. We're nationally syndicated and do stories on the nation's top amateur athletes. I produce the show, and I also get to do some reporting, which has been fun. More on that in a second.

My new home in Texas.
In May, I became a homeowner. I bought a townhouse in Keller, TX. Plenty of room for visitors.

In June, I checked an item off my bucket list by going to Ireland. It was awesome. I took lots of pictures.

When I got back, I began traveling for my job.  I got to go to Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Miami, and all over Ohio. I'll get to go to places like New York, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Philadelphia, Tampa and many others in the future. I started a fan page so you can follow my adventures if you Like (see what I did there?).

There were plenty of ups and downs along the way, but overall, 2012 was a great year for me and I'm looking forward to 2013.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Joe McCann



No comments: